Description: St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is a world-renowned institution that is recognized as one of the best places to work in the nation. As a premier center for research and treatment of childhood catastrophic diseases, we employ a diverse team of scientific and healthcare professionals dedicated to the promise of hope. Children from all 50 states and from around the world have come through the doors of St. Jude for treatment, and thousands more have benefited from our research.
The world-renowned investigators within the Department of Developmental Neurobiology at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital seek a Bioimage Informatics Specialist to develop computational approaches to analyze microscopy images at large scales and high throughput. An individual skilled in computer vision, image processing, machine learning, and imagery data mining will design novel algorithms to enable our scientists to understand vital biological processes and make a difference in pediatric cancer research. This is a great opportunity to work closely with highly innovative scientists and contribute to studies aimed at understanding brain development and the pathophysiological basis of brain tumors using break through imaging technologies, including the newly developed Lattice Light Sheet Microscope.
The Bioimage Informatics Specialist will be responsible to:
• Perform computational image analysis using extant software packages and custom designed algorithms to quantitate and visualize biologically relevant metrics.
• Collaborate with an external software development team in the Oak Ridge National Laboratory Imaging, Signals and Machine Learning R&D to design machine-learning based computational approaches to meet needs of rapidly evolving research.
• Curate, store, update, and share bioimaging analysis software packages or custom developed algorithms.
• Serve as liaison with St. Jude Computational Biology and Information Sciences Departments to facilitate the efforts in these areas.
• Train and support user-directed operation of computational tools when necessary.
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field required.
• Three (3) years of experience in computing or statistical data analysis that includes programming experience in MATLAB is required.
• Experience in using Imaris, Amira, ImageJ or Fiji programs and operating within a Linux system is also required
• Experience with microscopy preferred but not essential. Duties may include assisting with experimental design or data acquisition if there are sufficient hands-on experience with microscopy hardware.
LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: None
OTHER CREDENTIALS REQUIREMENTS: None
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. St. Jude does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex, genetic information, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, veteran’s status or disabled veteran’s status with respect to employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment. St. Jude engages in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.