|Title: Robotics Vision Scientist ||Posted: May 14, 2015|
|Location: Pasadena, CA |
Description: Position Purpose: Design, implement, test and document robotics and vision algorithms in C and C++ on desktop
and embedded platforms. The main areas of focus for the position are the development of novel
vision-based algorithms for mobile robotics navigation (vision-based SLAM, fusion of vision and
dead-reckoning information, etc.) and/or object and place identification (recognition of regular
household items, furniture, doors, etc., and identification of rooms and locations). Particular
attention is placed on embeddable algorithms for consumer applications.
• A solid engineering background with hands-on experience designing and developing
robotics and/or vision systems.
• Understanding of and experience with any of the following: object recognition, structure
from motion, 3D reconstruction, ego-motion estimation, feature extraction and matching,
• Strong analytical skills and mathematical foundation.
• Good understanding of computer systems.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in algorithm implementation using C and C++.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to learn quickly.
• Minimum Degree: PhD in Computer Vision, Robotics, or related field.
Nice to have:
• Understanding of and experience with any of the following: behavior-based control, navigation,
path-planning, obstacle avoidance, SLAM, vision-based SLAM, estimation and control.
• Image processing experience including image sensors and image acquisition familiarity.
• Embedded programming experience.
• Algorithm development with Matlab.
• Ability to build/assemble/modify electronic assemblies or robots into various configurations
for test purposes.
*Interested candidates should apply online to: https://careers-irobot.icims.com or
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Instructions: send email to email@example.com