|Title: Robotics & Vision Engineer||Posted: May 14, 2015|
|Location: Pasadena, CA or Bedford, MA |
Description: Position Purpose:
Design, implement, test, and document robotics and vision algorithms in C/C++ on desktop and
embedded platforms. The candidate will participate in the creation of the next generation of
consumer robotics products developed at iRobot.
The position’s responsibilities also include validation and characterization of the products developed
at iRobot including embedded solutions for vision and navigation, robotics components,
and hardware. The position involves a substantial portion of “hands-on” work and requires an
individual able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Hands-on experience developing robotics or vision systems.
• Working knowledge of C/C++.
• Working understanding of computer systems including concurrent programming, operating
systems, compilers, and computer architecture.
• Working experience in both Linux and Windows.
• Experience validating complex systems involving hardware, software, and mechanical components.
• A solid engineering background with hands-on design and development experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to learn quickly.
• Minimum Degree: MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
Nice to have:
• Ability to build/assemble/modify electronic assemblies or robots into various configurations
for test purposes.
• Understanding of and experience with any of the following: behavior-based control, navigation,
path-planning, obstacle avoidance, SLAM, estimation and control.
• Understanding of and experience with any of the following: object recognition, structure
from motion, 3D reconstruction, ego-motion estimation, feature extraction and matching,
• Hands-on design and development experience of software and hardware products.
• Experience developing embedded systems.
• Experience validating consumer or robotics products.
*Interested candidates should apply online to: https://careers-irobot.icims.com or
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Instructions: send email to firstname.lastname@example.org