|Title: Research Scientist - Computer Vision Technologies||Posted: May 19, 2015|
|Company/Institution: Siemens Corporate Research|
|Location: Princeton, NJ|
|Department: Imaging and Computer Vision|
Description: The Imaging and Computer Vision team of Siemens Corporate Technology has an immediate opening in Princeton, NJ for a research scientist with a focus on Computer Vision Technologies.
Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated
researchers. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment.
You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a
strong publication record in leading journals and conferences.
What are my responsibilities?
• Contribute to research projects that develop object detection, tracking and recognition algorithms in image and
• Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and
• Apply image and video analysis techniques to large-scale, real-world problems
• Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of image and video analysis product
• Working with customers to understand algorithm requirements and deliver solutions
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline required.
• Graduate Research and internship experience in Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Image Understanding
• Proven ability to develop new research ideas as demonstrated by a strong publication record and early
developments to the level of a working system prototype
• Strong theoretical and practical background in computer vision, image and video analysis, specifically object
detection, tracking and recognition, statistical modeling, statistical pattern recognition, machine learning, sparse
methods, applied mathematics, optimization. Prior knowledge about medical imaging is a plus but not a must.
• Experience working in computer vision, image and video analysis
• Hands-on coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in C++ is a must.
• Good knowledge in relevant domains such as robotics, sensor technology, etc. is a plus.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English is required
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
• Ability to work independently and prioritize work
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic team
• Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#
What else do I need to know?
For more information please refer to our website at www.usa.siemens.com
Application Instructions: Please send your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.