|Title: Computer Vision R&D Scientist||Posted: April 5, 2013|
|Company/Institution: UtopiaCompression Corporation|
|Location: Los Angeles, CA|
Description: UtopiaCompression Corporation (UC), based in Los Angeles, CA is a rapidly growing company with expertise in intelligent software solutions. UC develops cutting edge technologies for:
• Computer vision technologies and intelligent imaging systems
• Planning and control for robotic systems
• Enabling technologies for unmanned air-vehicles
• Networking protocols for Mobile Ad hoc Networks
UC offers a challenging and exciting environment to work on high-risk high-reward technologies with the potential of bringing in transformational changes to the state-of-the-art.
We are seeking computer vision R&D scientists to innovate in algorithm design and system engineering for a range of vision technologies. The projects span over topics including: visual sensor selection and validation, automated object detection, tracking, classification, visual event detection and recognition, structure from motion, and the corresponding real-time and/or parallel implementations. This position is well suited for technologists who want to solve challenging real-world problems, and also tackle the entrepreneurial tasks of creating new vision systems and products.
1) Expertise and experience in computer vision (esp. in target detection, tracking, classification, visual activity/event recognition, and structure from motion)
2) Good understanding of concepts in computer vision, machine learning, computer science (data structure and algorithms)
3) Strong programming skills in C and C++.
4) Proficiency in using MATLAB.
5) Hands-on experience with EO and/or IR sensors is desired.
6) Experience with algorithm and system parallelization is a plus
7) Publications, prior industry research or product development experience, are a plus.
• Competitive compensation package
• Full health care benefits
• Relocation, if applicable
• Paid vacations and sick leave allowances
• Company stock option
Application Instructions: Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com