Description: Job Summary
The image processing engineer will work in the Video Engineering team to design algorithms for new applications using the camera system of Apple devices.
- Solid understanding of the image signal processing (ISP) pipeline for image sensors and computational photography.
- Solid background in computer vision.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of key camera image processing algorithms for shipping consumer or professional camera products from concept incubation to engineering implementation.
- Sound theoretical knowledge in image processing, signal processing, and mathematics.
- C/C++ programming, Matlab prototyping.
- Minimum of 5 years direct related experience.
This individual must possess strong skills in the areas of development of camera processing system, applied R&D skills (imaginative and ability to work under uncertainty), be able to transform an idea into a product.
MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Imaging Science.
- Extensive knowledge of camera controls (auto exposure, auto focus, and auto white balancing, tone mapping, and color correction, etc.). (preferred)
- Knowledge of pixel and image sensor design and characterization. (preferred)
- Experience in GPU programming is a plus. Real time processing. (preferred)
- 10 years of academic and industrial R&D experience. (preferred)