Hi Fellow Engineers!
We are a passionate team working hard to help people share authentic moments with friends. We have tons of interesting technical challenges, including designing cutting edge techniques to innovate our products, deploying algorithms to handle our scale, and improving the user experience of an application that sees millions of users and billions of requests per day. We are looking for candidates with strong analytical and software skills to join our team.
What you'll do
- Work on Snap Source, our internal state-of-the-art algorithm libraries and services
- Interface with different product teams for Snap Source integration
- Evaluate the technical trade-offs of every decision
- Introduce major innovations that can result in product features or new areas of business
Who we're looking for
- Object-oriented experience with at least one of: Java (preferred), C++, Python, or similar
- Experience working in GCE or similar Cloud-based environments such as EC2, Rackspace, Azure, etc.
- Experience in engineering highly scalable cloud applications
- Well versed in internet architectures, including application and database components
- You do code reviews and care about code quality, while also iterating quickly
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- You get excited by tough technical challenges
- You have a collaborative, positive, team-oriented mindset
Desired Skills and Experience
- Masters/PhD in a technical field such as Computer Science
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience in building algorithms that are scalable to extremely large data
- Fast prototyping skills
- Demonstrated ability in both research and development
- Full stack developer in java or python
We're looking for people who would like to be the foundation of our research team as we continue to grow. Come join us in shaping the way people use technology to communicate! Hope you have a fantastic day!