|Title: CV Engineer||Posted: May 31, 2015|
|Company/Institution: Evolv Technology|
|Location: Waltham, MA|
Description: Evolv Technology is reinventing physical security to better protect people and facilities around the world. We are revolutionizing threat detection with a multidisciplinary approach, using advances in metamaterials, compressive sensing, low cost sensors and object recognition. Evolv's approach enables these technologies to be tailored to a wide range of applications to seamlessly detect threats, contraband or other concealed objects. The proliferation of weapons, contraband, and new concealment methods is accelerating. We combine innovative technologies and approaches to address this ever-changing threat landscape.
At Evolv, our team works every day with our customers to make such visions a reality. We are a rapidly growing startup, led by veteran entrepreneurs and backed by Bill Gates alongside two of the world's leading technology venture capital firms, General Catalyst Partners and Lux Capital. We are headquartered just outside of Boston, Massachusetts.
As a Computer Vision Engineer at Evolv, you will seek robust solutions to long-standing problems in machine vision for next generation physical security products and solutions. This role involves implementing tracking algorithms by both researching and leveraging state of the art video processing techniques as well as inventing new approaches when needed. While video processing will represent a recurring theme, you will be asked to consider novel and unconventional conditions of operations, while also contributing to image processing, sensor fusion, and machine learning solutions. You will work collaboratively with a small multi-disciplinary team of talented engineers and scientists with expertise in areas including radar and millimeter wave, image processing, compressive sensing, automated threat detection, computer vision and analytics algorithms to create products that deploy novel forward-looking solutions to unique security problems.
• Develop and implement computer vision, video and image analysis algorithms
• Research and apply new video processing techniques and approaches
• Apply analytics for gesture/human activity recognition and registration across multi-modal data streams
• Utilize classical image processing techniques including image segmentation, feature extraction and classification, particularly applied to tracking people
• Be a critical contributor and integral part of our team
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
• Experience solving real-world computer vision, machine learning, or pattern recognition problems
• Experience with 3D depth sensors, such as the Kinect
• Experience using OpenCV
• Familiarity with SIFT, SURF, optical flow
• Expert at either Matlab or c++ (or both) and at least proficient at the other
• Strong attention to detail, highly entrepreneurial, creative, open-minded, persistent, highly collaborative, passionate about products that incorporate computer vision, and a great written and verbal communicator
• Master’s or PhD with emphasis on Computer Vision
• Familiarity with machine learning and big data algorithms
• Experience with mm-wave imaging, and compressive sensing algorithms and methods
If you think you are one of the best and have the track record to prove it, come join our team at Evolv Technology and help us change the world by improving security everywhere.
Evolv Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Instructions: For immediate consideration, please visit our career site and apply.