Description: We have an opening for a research scientist position in Siemens Healthcare in Malvern,PA, in the areas of machine learning and data analytics for healthcare applications. We
are hiring at a "Senior Scientist" level which is suitable for a PhD or Post-Doc graduate. For strong applicants with multiple years of working experience in the related fields, it is possible to move this position up to a "Staff Scientist" level.
You will join our innovation group in solving exciting and challenging research problems with real-world medical applications. Our group delivers medical image analysis
software applications for medical data analysis and understanding, supporting clinicians and other medical professionals. We are well recognized for delivering cutting-edge intelligent solutions to Siemens 3D workstations and medical imaging scanners. Our group also has strong publication record in top tier journals and conferences.
- Contribute to research projects to develop medical data analytics solutions
- Advance the state-of-the-art technologies to solve large-scale and real-world data
- Conduct fast prototyping, feasibility studies for exploratory clinical research
- Work with customers to understand clinical requirements and deliver proper
- Support the productization of research prototypes
Ph.D. in Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Electric Engineering, or related field.
- Strong research capability in machine learning and data analytics, proved by publications in top tier journals/conferences.
- Research experience in mixed media processing is preferred.
- Experience in big data tools, e.g., Hadoop, is preferred.
- Experience in medical imaging is a plus but not required.
- Experience in NLP (natural language processing) and text analytics is a plus but
- Strong programming ability is required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.