|Title: Research Scientist ( C++/Image Processing / Algorithm / Computational Geometry )||Posted: April 17, 2013|
|Company/Institution: KLA-Tencor Corporation|
|Location: Milpitas, San Jose, San Francisco Bay Area, California|
Description: Position: Research Scientist
Location: Milpitas, CA
Duration: Full time
This position belongs to the High-Performance Computing and Algorithms (HPCA) group in the Wafer Inspection Division of KLA-Tencor Corporation. The group is responsible for developing high performance computing systems and advanced real-time image processing algorithms that support multiple wafer inspection product lines within KLA-Tencor's product portfolio
1) Analyze the signal and noise characteristics of current and emerging IC yield limiting defects, formulating algorithmic solutions, and validate them via simulation and prototyping.
2) Define the algorithm performance requirements/specifications and apply it to the algorithm design and implementation.
3) Work closely with other groups to define software requirements, design software architecture, program software in C/C++, optimize software performance, troubleshoot software problems, and maintain software in current products.
4) Act as the algorithm representative during system level hardware/software integration and testing.
5) Provide algorithm technical support during product demo and beta testing, work with domain experts from other functional teams on special customer engagement projects.
6) Participate in software quality assurance activities required by the HPCA software development process.
Application Instructions: Preferred Qualifications:
1) MS/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics or related discipline
2) Very strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
3) Experience in image processing, computer vision or pattern recognition
4) Willingness to learn new technologies and take on challenging problems
5) Solid theoretical background in signal/image processing, computer vision, computational geometry and pattern recognition.
6) Experience in Electronic Design Automation (EDA) and large data structure is preferred.
7) 5+ years of research and/or software development experience on Unix/Linux platform and/or Windows platform.
8) Experience with all phases of software development cycle and proficiency in C/C++, solid MATLAB programming skills.
9) Solid mathematical skills
10) Strong written and oral communication skills
11) Demonstrated ability to work as a team player
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 3 years of relevant industry experience.
Kindly send your resumes to Sivaram.email@example.com