|Title: Summer Internship||Posted: April 17, 2013|
|Department: Reality Capture and Processing|
Description: The Nokia Reality Capture and Processing group is searching for a summer intern to work with its research team. He/She will carry out research to look into problems related to laser range scanners and panoramic cameras, including object recognition from RGBD images, texturing point clouds, mesh/surface generation and camera / LiDar alignment. You will have the opportunity to work on real world computer vision problem and directly influence the core algorithms that used to generate city scale 3D street-level maps.
Skills we are looking for
- MATLAB, Python, C/C++ experience
- Research experience in one or more computer vision areas, such as object recognition, image registration and surface generation from point cloud.
- Experience with 3D imaging device such as a laser range scanner or a RGBD camera.
- currently pursuing a M.S. or PhD in computer science or related field
Research experience with 3D imaging device such as a laser range scanner or a RGBD camera is a plus.
Reality Capture and Processing Group at Nokia
- We are indexing reality to create a 3D street-level datamine. This datamine powers Nokia’s next generation map platform with functionality ranging from turn-by-turn navigation and routing, to augmented reality and 3D mapping.
- We are located in downtown Berkeley, walking distance UC Berkeley campus, many restaurants and coffee shops.
Application Instructions: Email your resume to jimmy[dot]m[dot]firstname.lastname@example.org