|Title: Co-founder & Computer Vision Chief Architect / Lead Developer||Posted: June 8, 2015|
|Company/Institution: Pinhole3D - a brand new startup|
|Location: Menlo Park, CA, USA|
Description: Pinhole3D is a stealth computer vision startup based in Silicon Valley at its very earliest stages - we are democratizing scene reconstruction & 3D model generation of interior spaces for consumers using only standard, single camera smartphones + cloud based high performance computing.
We have research prototypes and the market spaces we are targeting range up to $2B. Our 3 principals are all ex Cambridge University (Physics, Engineering and Computer Science) in the late 1980s and subsequent successful serial entrepreneurs with collectively 8 venture backed startups behind us, in software, media and 3D graphics and gaming technology and mobile communications, devices and apps across both enterprise and consumer. 5 exits (2 IPO and 3 acquisitions) & 3 are active - one with S-1 IPO registration.
We need a chief architect level co-founder to join our group, help shape the direction & key computer vision software for the company, working on state of the art problems in scene reconstruction allowing consumers to create millions of 3D room models. This co-founder will get significant equity, can operate with a high degree of ambiguity and be self motivated.
- Design, implement and optimize cutting-edge computer vision algorithms
- Research and development for image segmentation, feature matching, object detection/recognition, 3D reconstruction
- Develop tools to assist with algorithm development, algorithm testing, and image quality evaluation and validation
- Drive testing, documentation, verification, productization of the algorithms
- Team leader who can mentor engineers and orchestrate a highly collaborative small and dynamic technical team
- M.S. or Ph.D in Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields with specialization in Computer Vision
- 5+ years experience shipping robust and maintainable commercial products through full cycle development process
- Hands-on s/w dev experience in OpenCV, Ceres Solver, Pointcloud (PCL) and related libraries
- Strong in C++ ; familiarity with Java & Scala or Python
- Optimization of algorithms for high performance CPU and GPU systems, familiarity with OpenCL or CUDA
- Located in SF Bay Area, can work in US
Application Instructions: Please contact me at sanjay at jhawar dot net and send your bio, resume or LinkedIN profile.