|Title: Research Scientist, Computer Vision||Posted: April 23, 2013|
|Location: Seattle, WA|
|Department: Digital Products|
Amazon Kindle and Kindle Fire is a revolutionary reading device, the #1 best-selling product on all of Amazon, and one of the most innovative and fast growing businesses at Amazon. Amazon has also developed significant digital and mobile businesses include Amazon MP3, Amazon Instant Video, IMDb, Amazon Mobile store, and Audible. Many of these applications running on a range of mobile platforms present unique long-term opportunities for R&D in the fields of computer vision, image processing, and machine learning.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Research Scientists who have outstanding research background in the computer vision and image processing areas, and have strong passion for building innovative applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to conduct applied research on futuristic technologies, whilst making direct impact to cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
- Conduct applied research to investigate and nurture innovative and practical algorithms solving real-world problems
- Develop and optimize high-accuracy real-time computer vision and augmented reality solutions for digital and mobile platforms
- Create intellectual properties (patents) and publish technical papers
- Interact with academic and industrial research communities for synchronizing with the trends and disseminating innovative ideas
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software.
- Technical evaluations of third party products
- - Doctoral Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field or Masterâ€™s Degree with at least 3 yearâ€™s experience
- Deep theoretical knowledge and hands-on experiences in computer vision, image processing and machine learning.
- Proven experience in object/feature detection, recognition and tracking.
- Solid research track record with peer-reviewed publications in top academic conferences and journals in the related areas.
- 3 years of industry experience in applied CV research.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Experience in developing algorithms to solve real-world problems.
- Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Development experience on multiple Linux platforms and mobile devices (Android, iOS).
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and evaluate customer applications and interaction methodologies.
- Experience in developing real-time systems
Application Instructions: Send inquires to email@example.com or apply here