|Title: Lead Research Engineer||Posted: April 29, 2013|
|Company/Institution: Siemens Technology and Services Pvt Ltd|
|Department: Corporate Research and Technology , India|
Description: Siemens Corporate Technology is one of the world’s premier research labs, consisting of more than 1800 talented scientists located in North America, Europe, and Asia.
The Imaging and Computer Vision team of Siemens Corporate Technology has an immediate opening in Bangalore for a software engineer with a focus on Imaging and Computer Vision Technologies.
The ideal candidate will have a strong software development, distributed technology background, awareness of the state-of-the-art in imaging and computer vision and the ability to implement working solutions for commercial, scientific or industrial applications.
The candidate will be well-versed in object oriented analysis and design, software design, and following Quality Management System. The candidate will also act as a liaison with internal customers to provide on-site technical development support, to assist problem diagnosis and to communicate issues and requirements back to the development team. The candidate must show ability to analyze problems, to recommend solid engineering solutions and to establish clear requirement descriptions. Documented evidence of good team work and ability to communicate technical ideas and solutions is a must.
Proficiency in Object Orientation C++/ C# programming and modular software design is needed
What are my responsibilities?
* Work with customers to understand software requirements and problem resolution
* Implement software development procedures in accordance to the Siemens Software Quality Processes in the delivery / integration of the software components into Siemens products
* Object Oriented Analysis, Design, Implementation, Maintenance and Documentation of complex software frameworks, components, and applications.
* Interact with a group of researchers/developers for software platform development and software module maintenance
What do I need to qualify for this job?
M.S/M.Tech. in Computer Science or related fields
* Solid knowledge of C++ and object oriented programming * Background and knowledge in Computer Vision, Image Processing, and Pattern Recognition * Knowledge of ITK, VTK, and QT is desirable * Real world problem solving and a hands-on, can-do mentality* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently on problems
* Being an effective team player and willing to accept challenges and responsibility
* Detail oriented and organized
Directly apply on our website at https://jobsearch.siemens.biz/career?company=Siemens&career_job_req_id=133554&career_ns=job_listing&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH