Description: A9.com is the search technology subsidiary of Amazon.com. Our Visual Search team is looking for a highly motivated and skilled senior engineer who is excited to develop cutting-edge 3D modeling, rendering and visualization technologies and productize them into our 3D computer vision platform.
We are focused on creatively working with advanced technologies to leverage our huge catalog of images in ways that will dramatically improve our customer’s experience. Your job duties will include everything from developing and prototyping innovative modeling and rendering algorithms to implementing, testing, and deploying full solutions in a production environment. We are seeking innovators who are committed to creating world class products.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field or a Master's degree with equivalent industry experience.
- Domain expertise in 3D computer graphics and/or computer vision.
- Proficiency in C++ or Java.
- Familiarity with OpenGL, mesh creation/modification algorithms, and rendering algorithms.
- Proficiency in MATLAB.
- Skills in computational photography, point cloud processing, object detection, recognition, and/or tracking.
- Expertise in machine learning, information retrieval, or data mining.
- Familiarity with developing high-performance, computationally-intensive graphics applications for mobile environments
- Familiarity with WebGL or three.js.
- Track record of successful projects in algorithm design and product development.
- Excellent communication skills, solid work ethic, and a strong desire to write production-quality code.