|Title: Lead Research Engineer – Machine Learning||Posted: November 2, 2015|
|Company/Institution: HERE a Nokia Company|
|Location: Berkeley, California|
|Department: Lidar and Image Processing Group|
The HERE Nokia Reality Capture and Processing group is looking to hire a Lead Research Engineer to join our collaborative R&D team in Berkeley, CA. Our team works on a diverse set of data including GPS probe, LiDAR and high-resolution imagery to create content for the next-generation mapping platforms. In this role, the successful candidate will develop novel algorithms for GPS probe data analysis to detect and recognize map features. This is a great opportunity to work with a talented team of computer vision and machine learning experts in delivering solutions for HERE's mapping and location based products.
• Develop statistical and machine learning
algorithms to automate the detection and
recognition of map features from GPS probe data.
• Track and apply the latest algorithm improvements
from industry and research community.
• Participate in both algorithm and software
development as a part of an Agile team.
• Participate in project reviews and demos.
• Innovate, publish and patent.
• Ph.D./M.S. in computer science, statistics,
mathematics or related engineering field.
• Expertise in machine learning, statistical
analysis, and data mining.
• Experience in data-driven modeling, time-series
analysis, pattern recognition, clustering,
classification and regression.
• 4+ years of relevant industry or academic
• Strong programming skills in C++/Python.
• Team player with the ability to work in a
• Creative, resourceful, and innovative problem
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Linux and Amazon Web Services
• Experience with software engineering best
practices including unit testing, continuous
integration and source control (desired).
If you're interested in the position please call the Technical Recruiter at 773-982-2418 or email him your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HERE is a Nokia company and also a leader in navigation systems in automobiles.