|Title: Research Scientist - Computer Vision||Posted: December 4, 2015|
|Company/Institution: eBay Inc|
|Location: San Jose, CA|
With hundreds of millions of buyers and sellers, hundreds of millions of live listings at any point of time, millions of daily transactions and billions of daily queries, eBay provides an amazing playground for researchers to work with data and conduct experiments at scale. We actively pursue ideas that result in scalable algorithms and systems, while leveraging the scale of data.
We are seeking highly qualified computer vision research scientists to work on problems such as Large Scale Visual Search/Detection/Recognition, Fine Grained Classification, Deep Learning, Attribute Discovery and Localization, Weakly Supervised Learning, Semantic Segmentation and OCR.
- PhD program in Computer Science or related disciplines
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in industry is preferred, but recent graduates are great as well
- Publication in at least one top-tier computer vision conference such as CVPR, ICCV. This is mandatory.
- Hands-on experience with Deep Learning for computer vision
- Strong background in computer vision algorithms, low level vision, applied machine learning
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience with CUDA
- Strong programming skills in C++, Python
- Experience with fast prototyping
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Eligibility to work in the US. International students - OPT is fine as long you will be able to work until you get your visa (based on the cycle).
Application Instructions: Send us your resume via email to