Are you an expert in image analysis? We have a unique challenge and exciting opportunity for YOU!
We use cutting-edge microscopy to do groundbreaking neurobiology research.
We seek an enthusiastic individual with expertise in image processing, computer vision, machine learning and imagery data to design novel algorithms to assist our scientists in the analysis of microscopy imagery and understand vital biological processes to advance pediatric cancer research.
We need YOU to help us in our studies aimed at understanding brain development and pathophysiological basis of brain tumors.
The Image Analyst - Bioimage will be responsible to:
• Perform computational image analysis using extant software packages and custom-designed algorithms to quantitate and visualize biologically relevant metrics.
• Collaborate with an external software development team in the Oak Ridge National Laboratory Imaging, Signals and Machine Learning R&D to design machine-learning based computational approaches to meet needs of rapidly evolving research.
• Curate, store, update, and share bioimaging analysis software packages or custom developed algorithms.
• Serve as liaison with St. Jude Computational Biology and Information Sciences Departments to facilitate the efforts in these areas.
• Train and support user-directed operation of computational tools when necessary.
Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field required.
Three (3) years of experience in computing or statistical data analysis that includes programming experience in MATLAB is required.
Experience in using Imaris, Amira, ImageJ or Fiji programs and operating within a Linux system is preferred.
Experience with microscopy preferred but not essential. Duties may include assisting with experimental design or data acquisition if there are sufficient hands-on experience with microscopy hardware.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. St. Jude does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex, genetic information, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, veteran’s status or disabled veteran’s status with respect to employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment. St. Jude engages in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.