|Title: Engineering Intern ||Posted: September 8, 2015|
|Company/Institution: Mercedes-Benz Research & Development|
|Location: Sunnyvale, CA |
|Department: Autonomous Driving |
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. (MBRDNA), a Daimler company, consists of five business areas including Connected Car, UI & Telematics, Testing and Regulatory Affairs, Powertrain & eDrive, Advanced Exterior Design, and Advanced User Experience Design. All five business areas are focused on delivering a positive impact on Daimler products through the advancement of safe, convenient, and sustainable vehicles. Working together, MBRDNA remains a successful symbol of automotive research and development in North America.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Implement robust real-time algorithms for image-based environment perception and localization of autonomous vehicles
- Adapt algorithms developed by other departments for US-specific purposes
- Evaluate individual software modules as well as the entire system with pre-recorded sequences, simulations, and tests directly in the vehicle
- Collaborate with other teams on advanced technology and to improve the overall architecture design of in-vehicle systems.
Skills & Attributes:
- Proficiency in software engineering and programming in C++ a must
- Experience with computer vision, image processing, and machine learning algorithms strongly preferred
- Experience with Linux and with version control systems strongly preferred
- Some industry experience in computer science strongly preferred
Education & Experience:-
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree or a Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field (must have completed at least two years of studies)
Application Instructions: Please apply at: