Digimarc Corporation is a leading innovator and technology provider offering solutions for protecting, managing and commercializing all forms of digital media. Through deep relationships with our licensees and business partners, we enable a wide range of solutions for media identification and management, counterfeit and piracy deterrence, and digital commerce using distribution models that provide consumers with more choice and access to media content.
Digimarc is seeking a Senior Researcher and Engineer. As a senior researcher and engineer in a small fast paced team, this individual will need to be able to take ideas quickly from brainstorming through software prototype and test. The candidate will also need to work closely with the research team to deliver software technology to customers and partners. The technology focus will be on applied research to create content identification algorithms and techniques (image recognition, content-based image retrieval, fingerprinting, digital watermarking) to enable a variety of innovative applications (mobile, wearable, cloud). Limited travel may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience), with emphasis on signal/image processing, computer vision and machine learning
- A track record of successfully delivering high-quality research on time
- Hands-on experience in implementation of algorithms on software platforms
- In-depth understanding of techniques dealing with image feature extraction and description (e.g. SIFT, bag of features), tracking, machine learning (e.g. SVM), pattern recognition, and their implementation
- Experience in implementing algorithms in constrained computational environments (fixed point math, low memory, etc.) is a plus
- Exposure to human visual (or auditory) perception, or communication theory is a plus
- Experience in C/C++ programming
- MATLAB skills (or equivalent fast prototyping and display language)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curiosity and diverse technical interests/skills
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Caring, Integrity, Innovation, Loyalty and Knowledge in a fun, fast paced working environment
Digimarc is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.