|Title: Research Intern||Posted: September 17, 2015|
|Company/Institution: Samsung Research America|
|Location: Mountain View, CA|
|Department: Computer Science|
Description: Computer Science Innovation Center (CSIC) at Samsung Research America (SRA) has openings for internship positions with background on machine learning and/or cyber security/mobile system for a project related to steaming/sensor data analytics for internet of things (IOT) security and privacy.
The intern is expected to start immediately in fall semester, and will be 3--12 months depending on the funding and performance. The responsibility of the intern includes one of the following:
* Develop and implement novel fast and scalable machine learning algorithms for analysis of heterogeneous streaming data/sensor data (including images/photos) for IOT (such as wearable devices, smart home, etc)
* Build robust human behavior prediction systems from analytics of streaming sensor data on IOTs
* Explore security/privacy issues in IOT and propose effective attack/defense scenarios
* Document the work for scientific publication (e.g. NIPS, KDD, CCS, IEEE S&P, Mobicom, Mobisys) and patenting.
We expect applicants to have the following skills:
- Strong background in machine learning/data mining or cyber security/mobile system/ubiquitous system
- Strong hands on skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
SRA located at Mountain view, the heart of silicon valley in California. SRA provides an excellent academic and industry working environment with access to state-of-the-art technologies and also an impressive pool of researchers and developers with diverse backgrounds for collaborative efforts. Competitive salary is provided for interns. Past Interns published high quality research works in many top conferences, such as CCS, Mobisys, Ubicomb and SDM, WSDM, WWW, CIKM, etc.
Should you have any question about the position, please don’t hesitate
to contact me directly.
Application Instructions: The starting date for this position is negotiable. Please send your CV (PDF preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also put "SRA Internship" in your subject line.