|Title: Software Engineer||Posted: May 29, 2013|
|Company/Institution: ObjectVideo, Inc.|
|Location: Reston, Virginia|
Description: Software Engineer
ObjectVideo is looking for highly motivated self-starters to work in a fast-paced R&D environment. Candidates will work with small teams to design, prototype and develop state-of-the-art mobile and web interfaces for the next generation of video and still image analysis and tagging solutions. We are looking for a creative developer with a passion for usability and an ability to translate end-user desires into rock-solid code. Our mobile and web UI’s need to seamlessly integrate map, video, still image and real-time streaming data into a compelling user-experience across tablets, phones and traditional web environments.
Candidates will have the opportunity to work across a variety of technical areas. Typical projects will involve diverse technologies and skills, like building user interfaces with HTML5/CSS/jQuery and on iOS/Android platforms. Strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to self-teach are must-have attributes. Candidates must be able to communicate well within a team environment and also work independently on self-directed tasks. Motivated and creative problem solvers will have opportunities to influence future projects and guide research directions.
• Develop software for a wide variety of platforms from smartphones to tablets to browsers.
• Design and implement intuitive user-interfaces.
• Engage in research, evaluation and application of new technologies and methodologies to solve challenging project goals.
• Take ownership in the entire project lifecycle from requirements development to deployment.
• Thrive in an Agile development environment, including quick development cycles, evolving requirements, and self-direction paired with team collaboration.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience.
• Experience with C#/Java/C++, object-oriented programming and backend programming desired.
• Familiarity with distributed systems development and concurrent processing architectures.
• Experience with native Android and native iOS development a plus.
• Experience in computer graphics and video/image processing using DirectX/OpenGL is a plus.
Visit our website at www.objectvideo.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
Application Instructions: To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or apply online at http://www.objectvideo.com/index.php?option=com_rsform&view=rsform&formId=3&Itemid=9&job=Software Engineer - Reston, VA