|Title: Machine Learning & Computational Scientist||Posted: October 13, 2015|
|Company/Institution: Geisinger Health System|
|Location: Danville, PA|
|Department: Institute for Advanced Application|
Geisinger Health System’s Center for Emerging Technology and Informatics at the Institute for Advanced Application is seeking candidates for a Machine Learning and Computational Data Intelligence scientist position.
Educational Requirement: Ph.D. (Computer Science, Engineering or related fields)
Specific Skills and Experience Required:
1. Deep analytical skills with proficiency in theory and applications of machine learning and computational intelligence algorithms
2. Prior experience in classification and pattern recognition algorithms
3. Knowledge of data structures, find signals/patterns within structured and unstructured data
4. Experience in coding mathematical/scientific computing languages (e.g. Matlab, R, Python)
5. Ability to analyze large volumes of high dimensional datasets such as MR images, genetic and de-identified patient data
6. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, ability to convey complex findings in a clear and compelling manner using data visualization techniques
7. Experience in preparation of federal grant applications, industry and foundation proposals, and preparing manuscripts in peer-reviewed domain-relevant journals
A computer scientist or engineer with a background in research and experience with machine learning/data science applications developed and applied in a biomedical imaging/data environment. The candidate will be eager to collaborate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of physicians, engineers and data scientists, working to apply classification/pattern recognition algorithms to deliver meaningful analysis and models to solve practical challenges related to disease diagnosis, patient care and health systems. Personal interest to apply mathematical tools to provide better healthcare solutions, relentless drive to achieve end results and intellectual curiosity are key to success.
Geisinger Health System
Geisinger Health System is an integrated healthcare organization widely recognized for its innovative use of the electronic health record. As a large healthcare
organization, Geisinger serves more than 2.6 million residents throughout central and northeastern Pennsylvania. The physician-led system is comprised of more than 19,500 employees, including a more than 1,000-member multi-specialty group practice, six hospital campuses, two research centers and a 448,000-member health plan which services Pennsylvania and areas of other states with its insurance products. The health system and the health plan have repeatedly garnered national accolades for integration, quality and service. In addition to fulfilling its patient care mission, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to medical education, research and community service.
Application Instructions: ** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunities Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit Resume/CV by November 15th, 2015 to Ally Haggerty (firstname.lastname@example.org).