The Imaging, Signals, and Machine Learning (ISML) group at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is seeking a Postmaster Research Associate with expertise in computer vision/image processing and data analytics. The ISML group conducts applied computer vision research and development addressing important issues of industrial and economic competitiveness, biomedical measurement science, and national security. The group consists of staff members with backgrounds in electrical engineering, computer science, and optical engineering, and frequently collaborates with partners in industry, academia, and other government organizations.
This position will be responsible to pursue software development of computer vision techniques coupled with machine learning/data analytics approaches for the quality control of additive manufacturing processes. Joining a research team consisting of material scientists, electrical engineers and computer scientists, the successful candidate shall demonstrate a well-rounded ability to perform technically in at least one of the following areas:
The candidate will contribute in professional journals publication and scientific presentation of the work to the scientific community.
- Computer vision and machine learning
- Multi-dimensional and multi-modal signal processing
- Spatio-temporal data mining
- Multidimensional data visualization and data understanding
- The position requires a Master's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or closely related field
- Substantial programming skills using tools such as C/C++ / Python / Matlab
- Experience in designing and building algorithms for 2D and 3D image understanding
- Demonstrated experience conceiving and executing research and development projects
- Experience with the following libraries is mandatory: OpenCV, CUDA, Qt