|Title: Software Engineer||Posted: May 29, 2013|
|Company/Institution: ObjectVideo, Inc.|
|Location: Restobn, Virginia|
Description: Software Engineer
ObjectVideo is looking for highly motivated self-starters to work in a fast-paced R&D environment. Candidates will work with small teams to design, prototype, and develop state-of-the-art automated image and video analysis solutions. Practice areas include real-time streaming data processing, mobile and web-based application development, and intelligent media indexing and search capabilities. Visit our website for more details regarding ongoing initiatives: http://www.objectvideo.com/rad-services/overview.html.
Candidates will have the opportunity to work across a variety of technical areas. Typical projects will involve diverse technologies and skills, from building user interfaces with HTML5/CSS/jQuery to “big data” processing with HBase and Hadoop. Strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to self-teach are must-have attributes. Candidates must be able to communicate well within a team environment and also work independently on self-directed tasks. Motivated and creative problem solvers will have opportunities to influence future projects and guide research directions.
• Develop software for a wide variety of platforms from smartphones, to desktop OSes, to large distributed heterogeneous computing systems.
• Develop software components ranging from high-performance vision algorithms to intuitive user-interfaces.
• Engage in research, evaluation and application of new technologies and methodologies to solve challenging project goals.
• Take ownership in entire project lifecycle, from requirements development to deployment.
• Thrive in an Agile development environment, including quick development cycles, evolving requirements, and self-direction paired with team collaboration.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience.
• Strong C#/Java/C++ and object-oriented programming skills.
• Familiarity with distributed systems development and concurrent processing architectures.
• Familiarity with database design and programming, both traditional and “big data” technologies (Hadoop, HBase, etc.).
• Experience with mobile software development (iOS, Android) is a plus.
• Experience in computer graphics and video/image processing, including DirectX/OpenGL is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
Application Instructions: To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.