|Title: Engineer position at Inria Grenoble||Posted: October 27, 2015|
|Location: Grenoble, France|
|Department: LEAR team|
The LEAR team at Inria Grenoble - Rhone-Alpes is looking for an engineer, ideally with a specialization in Computer Vision, to produce work on object tracking.
Duration of the contract: 12 months, renewable
Starting date: ASAP (posted October, 2015)
LEAR is one of the leading research teams in computer vision, with a focus on learning based approaches for visual object recognition and scene understanding, in particular, object category detection, analysis of humans, objects, and their motion in video, large-scale object recognition. This builds on a long-standing experience in image descriptors and learning techniques. See the team's website and publications.
Recently, the LEAR team has developed two state-of-the-art algorithms for tracking objects in challenging scenarios, e.g., when they undergo significant transformations and change in appearance (see ECCV 2014, ICCV 2015). The engineer is expected to optimize these algorithms and build efficient code that will be released publicly, in collaboration with the PhD student and researchers involved in this project. Extensive experimental evaluations need to be conducted to ensure that the code is robust.
Skills and Profile
- Masters or engineering degree in computer science or related field, a PhD is a plus
- Solid programming skills in low- and high-level languages; the project involves programming in shell, C, and Python
- Ability to convert scientific prototypes to working systems
- Experience with system maintenance is a plus
- Expertise in GPU programming is a big plus
- Good mathematics knowledge
- Prior knowledge in the areas of computer vision is an asset
- Working language can be English or French
Grenoble is a lively city which hosts many foreign students and researchers. Located in the heart of the French Alps, its direct surroundings offer great outdoor recreation including skiing, cycling, and hiking. Paris can be reached from Grenoble in 3h by train.
Please send applications via email, including:
to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- a complete CV
- BSc and MSc transcripts
- two reference letters