|Title: Postdoctoral Position in Computer Vision||Posted: May 30, 2013|
|Company/Institution: King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)|
|Location: Saudi Arabia|
Description: King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) seeks a top postdoctoral researcher with expertise in computer vision for an opening at the Geometric Modeling and Scientific Visualization Center (GMSV) in Saudi Arabia. The researcher for this opening will work at KAUST under the close supervision of Dr. Bernard Ghanem (www.bernardghanem.com) and other GMSV researchers/faculty to investigate and develop principled computational methods for highly effective, scalable, and robust video modeling and analytics, e.g. action recognition, tracking, and video registration. Refer to publish.illinois.edu/videoadsc/ for examples.
KAUST (www.kaust.edu.sa) is a graduate level research university established in 2009 in Saudi Arabia to make significant contributions to scientific and technological advancement that will have high impact on regional and international development. To take on this monumental task, KAUST researchers are hand-picked from all around the world, so as to create a multi-national and multi-cultural research environment that is inductive of academic excellence.
The scope of the advertised position includes:
Applicants must have:
- Publishing high impact work in top-tier conferences and journals in order to build a substantial resume and strong international collaborations
- Engaging with researchers in related fields at GMSV
- Mentoring and collaborating with KAUST grad students and visiting students/researchers
- Excellent total compensation, including accommodation, family health benefits, moving expenses, and a substantial tax-free annual salary
- Living in a vibrant, multi-cultural campus town on the Red Sea
- A PhD degree with excellent academic credentials
- Relevant research skills and experience in computer vision and machine learning, demonstrated by high quality publications
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
Application Instructions: Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. To apply, please send your CV with a list of publications to Dr. Bernard Ghanem (email@example.com).