Description: AiCure is a VC-funded startup that leverages mobile technology by combining it with Artificial Intelligence (Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Big Data) to bring better health, better drugs, and better treatment to everyone on the planet. We’re rapidly expanding and if you’re passionate about making a positive impact, we’d like to hear from you.
You will play the leading role in creating algorithms to solve challenging problems in Computer Vision on mobile devices. Your work will make a significant impact on our products, the research community (we want to publish, attend conferences, and contribute to advancing the field), and on healthcare for everyone on the planet.
When participants in clinical trials, or patients use the AiCure apps, information on their medication intake is reported in various dashboard products, which allow trial coordinators and other stakeholders to gain insights into how each trial is progressing, and to take actions (patient alerts, etc.). For example, our apps use Computer Vision to identify the patient (using face recognition), verify that patients are taking the right medication (pill recognition), and that they are actually taking their medication (action recognition).
Your mission will be to invent new algorithms and methods to perform the Computer Vision tasks above (and several more as we continue to expand our product line), ensuring that they outperform the state of the art and work effectively and efficiently in challenging real world scenarios.
- Research, design, and implement novel algorithms to solve real-world mobile Computer Vision problems to improve healthcare (more specifically, medication adherence).
- Implement and create prototypes demonstrating the viability of using the algorithms in practice.
- Collect relevant training data and run experiments comparing with state of the art methods, with a strong focus on performance on challenging real-world conditions (motion, low-light, etc).
- Work closely with Engineers to ensure that research is appropriately transferred to impact products.
- Add to our existing patent portfolio and publish in top-tier conferences and journals.
- Continuously stay up to date on advances in the research community (e.g., by experimenting with different Deep Learning models, data sets, algorithms, etc).
- Ph.D. degree in CS, EE or a related field from a top tier university.
- Strong publications record in top-tier conferences/journals (CVPR, ICCV, ACM Multimedia, NIPS, ICML, PAMI, IJCV, etc)
- Solid skills in developing prototypes, software engineering (C++, Python, Java, etc.), and running experiments at-scale.
- Interest in publishing and contributing to the research community as a whole.
- Outstanding analytical skills and the ability to take a practical approach to solving problems in real-world settings.
- Ability to work well with Engineers to improve the state of the art and impact our products.
- Extremely detail-, design-, and user-focused.
- Excellent communication skills at every level (product, tech team).
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Highly creative, with an outstanding ability to build innovative solutions that consider edge cases.
- Passionate about revolutionizing healthcare and having a positive impact on individuals and everyone on the planet.
- Experience in healthcare is NOT required.