|Title: Camera Performance Engineer||Posted: May 30, 2013|
|Company/Institution: Apple, Inc.|
|Location: Cupertino, California|
|Department: Interactive Media Group|
Description: The Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, apple TV, iPod, iTunes, and Mac OS. Combining cutting-edge software techniques with next-generation hardware, IMG takes the media experience to the next level.
IMG is seeking a software performance engineer to implement algorithms as well as find, analyze, and solve performance issues on complete iOS imaging systems. You will develop iOS test apps, tools, processes and methodologies for measuring and improving image performance on the very latest Apple products. Based on your knowledge of digital camera technology (still and video), you will develop test tools and frameworks, as well as instrument and debug production frameworks. You will work closely with algorithm engineers, hardware engineers, graphics and media engineers, QA engineers, and managers to understand problems and recommend solutions. If you enjoy figuring out complicated interactions and solving new and challenging problems, then this is the right job for you.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Evaluate, implement and optimize image algorithms on iPhone, iPad, and Mac hardware
- Debugging and resolving issues across technology boundaries
- Designing and improving performance testing tools and methodologies
- 2-8 years experience in writing production quality code.
- A strong knowledge of camera imaging algorithms and media formats preferred.
- Experience with image processing or image analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid fundamental knowledge of software testing techniques, methodologies and practices.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work accordingly.
- Strong coding skills in C/C++.
- Familiarity with Mac OSX, Unix, Xcode, and iOS a plus.
Application Instructions: To apply for this job, please submit resume to Anna Ho at firstname.lastname@example.org