|Title: Computer Vision Researcher (multiple positions)||Posted: November 13, 2015|
|Company/Institution: Toshiba Research Europe|
|Location: Cambridge, UK|
|Department: Cambridge Research Laboratories|
Description: Description: The Computer Vision Group at Toshiba Research Europe is looking for exceptional researchers to join the team. As a researcher in our group you will work in a small and dynamic team, and conduct research to develop cutting edge computer vision methods for future Toshiba products. You are a creative mind who can significantly advance the state-of-the-art computer vision technology, and your research ideas have a solid theoretical foundation. You can also demonstrate the benefits of your ideas in practice by developing prototype implementations. You will have impact within Toshiba by designing new algorithms to be used in future products, and within the scientific community by publishing at major conferences and in top journals.
- A PhD in computer vision, machine learning or a related field
- Preferably 2+ years of post-doctoral or equivalent industrial experience
- In-depth knowledge of fundamentals and state-of-the-art in computer vision and/or machine learning
- Strong publication record at major computer vision conferences (CVPR,ICCV,ECCV,NIPS,ICML, etc.) and journals
- Solid C++ development skill, experience with GPU programming is a plus
- Hands-on experience with theoretical derivations and practical implementations
- Self motivated
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We are part of the Cambridge Research Laboratories of Toshiba Research and based in Cambridge, UK. Our current core competence lies in 3D reconstruction and 3D modeling of humans, but we seek to extend our expertise in particular towards machine learning methods. We are working on a number of areas of industrial relevance, including the areas of 3D reconstruction, recognition, and modeling humans. Toshiba focuses on future innovations changing our daily lives, including automotive, energy, and medical technologies.
Salary range: £45-60K (depending on experience, plus discretionary bonus, pension, private healthcare, and other benefits)
Application Instructions: Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by Dec 31, 2015.