|Title: SW Camera Test Engineer||Posted: May 30, 2013|
|Company/Institution: Apple, Inc.|
|Location: Cupertino, California|
|Department: Interactive Media Group|
Description: The Interactive Media Group is looking for a highly skilled and innovative camera product engineer who would like to play a key role in the space where embedded graphics & media software meets SoC bring-up and design. Our products have a considerable complexity and rich feature set that push our hardware to the edge.
We are looking for a team player with dedicated commitment to understanding, leveraging, and promoting integration between hardware and software to enable cutting-edge features and performance. We will expect, fantastic communication skills, and a passion for cameras, imaging, low & mid-level graphics, and audio & media software - as well as their pipelines through hardware and drivers. You will contribute directly to a variety of technologies as well as influence and coordinate deliverables and enable high-profile product features. In this role you'll be a critical part of a fast-paced team & must thrive in a high energy, time-constrained, multitasking environment.
- BS or MS in CS/CE/EE or equivalent.
2+ years experience in a professional software development environment
- Experience testing digital cameras
- Strong understanding of digital photography and image processing technologies
- Knowledgable with lighting, whether artificial or natural and how it affects image quality
- Strong understanding of photography: exposure settings, WB, contrast, field-of-view, etc.
- Good knowledge various video and audio media formats
- Detail-oriented and self-driven
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a QA engineer
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Some knowledge of computer hardware or processor design
- Experience testing cell phone cameras
- Experience testing software and hardware on consumer devices
- Experience creating automated tools
- Excellent programming, debugging and problem solving skills ( C, C++, assembly coding).
- Prior experience with traditional film photography and printing
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit your resume to Anna Ho at email@example.com