|Title: Senior Computer Vision R&D Scientist||Posted: November 18, 2015|
|Company/Institution: UtopiaCompression Corporation|
|Location: Los Angeles, CA|
Description: UtopiaCompression Corporation (UC), based in Los Angeles, CA is a High-Tech Company with considerable expertise in intelligent software solutions. UC develops cutting edge technologies for:
• Computer vision and video analytics
• Planning and control for robotic systems,
• Unmanned system autonomy,
• Tactical wireless communication networks,
• Biomedical signal processing and data mining.
UC offers a challenging and exciting environment to work on high-risk high-reward technologies with the potential of bringing in transformational changes to the state-of-the-art. UC is currently seeking a Senior Computer Vision scientist to support its vision technology program. US citizens and permanent resident are encouraged to apply.
• PhD in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Applied Mathematics or related fields
• Strong background in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Image Processing
• Well versed with some or all of the following topics: Object detection, tracking, and classification, online learning, event recognition, and camera calibration
• Past record of original contribution, authorship in reputed peer reviewed vision conferences/journals
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work with minimum supervision
• Strong programming skills in C and C++; Proficiency in using MATLAB
• Good verbal/written communications skills
• Prior successful experience in proposal writing and awarding
• Prior successful experience in leading R&D projects
• Post-doctoral experience is a plus
• Hands on experience in multi-camera systems and pan-tilt systems
• Hands-on experience with EO and/or IR sensors
• Experience with algorithm parallelization and/or embedded systems development
• Script programming experience in Python
1. Competitive compensation package
2. Fully paid for health care benefits
3. Relocation, if applicable
4. Paid vacations and sick leave allowances
5. Company stock option
To apply, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject.
Application Instructions: Please send your resume to: email@example.com with the job title as the subject.