DigitalGlobe operates the largest and highest resolution commercial remote sensing satellite constellation, and is building one of the biggest image processing infrastructures in the world.
We are looking for a Senior/Staff Research Scientist to join our R&D team with focus on automated image exploitation. Strong candidates will have a comprehensive background in computer vision, object recognition, digital signal and image processing, and data mining. Experience in developing applications that execute efficiently in a large, distributed computing environment is essential.
- Development and implementation of algorithms for object recognition and image segmentation.
- Development of multimedia, multimodal feature extraction and advanced semantic models for image understanding.
- Development of scalable solutions for image mining and data fusion.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Advanced expertise and proven track record in machine learning, computer vision and related disciplines.
- Experience with designing and running machine learning experiments on millions of elements.
- Hands-on experience with three or more of the following: object detection, multispectral image analysis, extraction of spatiotemporal signatures from time series of images, image segmentation, content-based image retrieval, and spatial statistics.
- Experience with multisensor sources.
- Ability to work independently as part of a geographically distributed team, self-motivated to produce results fast and efficiently. Remote work arrangement considered.
- Experience with GPU computing in an HPC cluster environment a plus.
- Solid software engineering skills in JAVA or C++, familiarity with Hadoop or other distributed computing environments