|Title: Research Internship||Posted: December 3, 2015|
|Company/Institution: Allen Institute for AI (AI2)|
|Location: Seattle, WA, USA|
Description: Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence (AI2) has multiple openings for summer internship in computer vision and machine learning. We are looking for highly motivated PhD students who have a strong background in computer vision and machine learning. As a research intern, you will have the opportunity to develop and publish new ideas in top-tier conferences such as CVPR, ICCV, and NIPS.
Our research projects are focused on the following topics:
- Learning, representing, and using visual knowledge to go beyond standard image classification and object recognition.
- Alleviating explicit human supervision in achieving large scale knowledge acquisition and reasoning systems.
- Acquiring visual common-sense for enabling open-domain question-answer reasoning.
- Augmenting existing textual knowledge bases by integrating them with visual knowledge.
The following papers describe more details of our research:
- Learning Everything about Anything: Webly-Supervised Visual Concept Learning, oral presentation at CVPR 2014.
- VisKE: Visual Knowledge Extraction and Question Answering by Visual Verification of Relation Phrases, CVPR 2015.
- Newtonian Image Understanding: Unfolding the Dynamics of Objects in Static Images, arXiv, 2015.
As an intern you will collaborate with the vision team: Santosh Divvala, Ali Farhadi, Abhinav Gupta, Aniruddha Kembhavi, Roozbeh Mottaghi, Vicente Ordonez, and Mohammad Rastegari.
Application Instructions: To apply, email your CV and the name of two references to email@example.com (and also a copy to ) and mention in your email that you are interested in working on the Plato projects. The subject of the email should be "Summer Internship". We are making decisions on a rolling basis, so it is to your advantage to apply early.