|Title: Senior Algorithm Engineer ( C++/OOD/ Algorithms / Mathematics )||Posted: June 3, 2013|
|Company/Institution: KLA-Tencor Corporation|
|Location: Milpitas, San Jose, CA|
Description: Position: Software Engineering Manager
Location: Milpitas, CA
Duration: Full time
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
The successful candidate will lead a team of software and hardware engineers to design, develop, test, install and support applications used in the support and service of complex semiconductor equipment. This is a rapidly growing field within the semiconductor manufacturing industry as our customers’ needs continue to tighten.
1) Use data gathering and analysis tools to provide value-added capability, in terms of both service metrics (i.e. uptime, MTTR) as well as tool performance (e.g. capture rate or measurement precision) to our customers, and leverage to add to the company’s service revenue.
2) Work with the new product design teams to ensure that diagnostic and trouble-shooting capabilities are built into all new K-T inspection and metrology tools, and are leveraged to accelerate learning on new tools.
3) Develop and drive software and hardware roadmap consistent with marketing requirements. Provide technical and architectural leadership and guidance to the development team.
4) Plan and direct the day-to-day engineering activities of the team to ensure that agreed upon goals and objectives are successfully achieved. Ensure that milestones, delivery dates, activities, and tasks are completed as scheduled. Regularly communicate technical issues/risks and their impact to management.
5) Drive operational excellence and ensure that a high quality product is delivered to our customers.
1) Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
2) General knowledge of database administration, database architecture, data modeling, ETL, replication and strategy.
3) Experience with deployment and usage of Business Intelligence (BI) systems.
4) Experience developing interfaces & architecture using Microsoft development tools (C++, C# .NET) in Windows 2003/2008 Server environments.
5) Ability to understand product and product features to make high level assessment of scope and risks.
6) Experience in OOD/OOA and Windows design methodologies.
7) Experience with requirements definition, design, development, effective reuse and configuration management tools (RTC, ClearCase)
8) Thorough knowledge of SDLC and CMM best practices
9) Ability to gain confidence of, and collaborate with, development staff to mentor and lead them in software development work.
Doctorate (Academic) with at least 3 years of experience.
Master's Level Degree with at least 4 years of experience.
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 5 years of experience
Application Instructions: Kindly send your resumes to Sivaram.firstname.lastname@example.org