|Title: Computer Vision Scientist / Senior Scientist||Posted: December 22, 2015|
|Location: London, United Kingdom|
We are looking for a computer vision scientist to lead the development and implementation of the algorithmic core of a series of exciting new projects in AIG's Special Projects Lab (part of AIG's Global Science team). As a scientist you will work in a small and dynamic team, and develop cutting edge computer vision and machine learning methods for future AIG products. The success in this role requires the ownership of a significant new work-stream in the team focused on solving complex computer vision problems (including, but not limited to, image representation, object recognition, and caption generation), using machine learning (particularly, deep learning methods) and high-performance computing (including, near real-time image analysis).
The success in this role require the candidate to:
1) Employ the best of computer-vision research for solving business problems - disrupting the current practice in insurance
2) Build and refine computer vision and machine learning algorithms that can find patterns in large multi-modal data (particularly, images and videos)
3) Provide the business with data-driven apps, insights and strategies
4) Participate in, lead, create cross-functional projects
5) Communicate (both oral and written) with colleagues and stakeholders (both internal and external)
Above all, this role will provide a unique opportunity to enjoy state-of-the-art research and development; grow and be challenged in an entrepreneurial/ start-up-like division of a large company; and create game-changing products for the insurance/ financial industry.
Both senior candidates (i.e., with years of post-doctoral and/or industrial experience) and junior candidates (i.e., recent PhD graduates) are welcome to apply for this role. We will offer a position appropriate to your level of expertise.
1) Scientific expertise and real-world experience in deep learning (convolutional networks, recurrent networks and Boltzmann machines)
2) Strong background in basic machine learning and statistical modeling (e.g., classification, regression, and clustering)
3) Strong track record in related scientific fields (e.g., machine learning, computer science, engineering, statistics)
4) Expertise in programming (e.g., Python , C++, CUDA) and computing technologies (high-performance computing and/or big-data platforms)
5) Ability to use existing machine/deep learning libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, Torch, Theano, Caffe, and SciKitLearn)
6) Review, direct, guide, inspire the research of more junior scientists in the team (for senior candidates)
1) Track record in integrating machine learning with real-time computing (including mobile apps and front-end systems)
2) Experience in employing machine learning in a commercial setting – in collaboration with product development teams.
3) Experience in applying machine learning to problems in one of the following domains: Natural language processing, signal processing, and speech processing
4) Publication record in (and willingness to represent AIG in) scientific conferences such as NIPS, CVPR, ICML, ICCV, ECCV, ICLR, and IJCV.
5) Broad knowledge of machine learning (including topics such as graph theory, hierarchical modeling, and Bayesian inference)
6) Practical experience of modern big-data computing ecosystems such as Apache Spark
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance company. Tracing its roots to a company started in Shanghai in 1919, today AIG provides a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG’s diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks, and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange under the symbol “AIG”.
AIG Commercial Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products for commercial and institutional customers through one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. AIG Commercial Insurance offers one of the industry’s most extensive ranges of products and services, through its diversified, multichannel distribution network, benefiting from its strong capital position.
AIG Consumer Insurance is a premier provider of insurance products for individuals and families including select consumer property insurance offerings, life insurance protection, and retirement products. AIG has one of the largest life insurance, annuity and retirement services businesses in the United States with one of the broadest distribution networks and most diverse product offerings in the industry. AIG Consumer Insurance serves in the U.S. alone 18 million customers with life insurance products and retirement services.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGInsurance| LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig
Application Instructions: Please use the following link to submit your application:
For other inquiries, please email to Minh-Tri Pham at email@example.com.