|Title: PhD Student / Research Assistant: Sensor Data Fusion||Posted: December 22, 2015|
|Company/Institution: Georg-August-Universität Göttingen|
|Department: Institute of Computer Science|
Description: The Institute of Computer Science at the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen is looking to fill the position of a
PhD Student / Research Assistant
at the earliest possible date. The position is available for 3 years (extension possible). The salary is in accordance with the German public service salary scale (E13 TV-L) with 50% of the regular working hours (currently 19.9 hours per week).
- Development of novel simulation-based algorithms for "Sensor Data Fusion" with focus on (multi-)object tracking, localization, and nonlinear estimation
- Application of the developed algorithms in the areas of robotics, computer vision, signal processing, and machine learning
- Contribution to projects in the Simulation Science Center Clausthal / Göttingen
The position is part of the research group "Data fusion" at the Institute of Computer Science and the Simulation Science Center Clausthal / Göttingen (SWZ). If you have any questions, please contact Marcus Baum (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Diploma or master degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or a similar field
- Basic knowledge in probability theory and statistics
- Proficient in English
- Possible teaching and research experience
This post is designed to serve in fostering young researchers and scientists and give the successful applicant the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree.
The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply as they are underrepresented in this field. Disabled persons with equivalent aptitude will be favored.
Application Instructions: Please send your application with the usual documents in electronic form to email@example.com. Applications received before January 18, 2016 will be fully considered. We will delete the documents after a holding period of five months.