Available Graduate Scholarships
@ SiMiT Lab 2016
SiMiT Lab is looking for graduate students, who are interested in Facial Image Processing, Computer Vision, and Deep Learning. The lab conducts research on computer vision and pattern recognition problems with the focus on face analysis and with the applications in HCI, gaming, health, and multimedia retrieval within the scope of the international and industrial research projects.
The prospective students must satisfy the following conditions:
- Interest in computer vision and pattern recognition research
- Eager to learn, self-motivated and a team player
- Fluency in English and able to document produced work well
The candidates satisfying the following conditions will be preferred:
- Background in computer vision and pattern recognition
- C++ and/or MATLAB programming experience
- Familiarity with OpenCV
- 2200 TL/month for M.S. students and 2500 TL/month for Ph.D. students (1 EUR ~ 3 TL) and covers the entire year, i.e. will be paid for 12 months. Additional support can be awarded based on students' performance. Basic living expenses are as follows: Lunch/ Dinner at the university cafeteria: 2TL / 3TL, monthly public transportation pass: 70TL, accommodation at the campus: 300TL.
- Summer stays at the international partners for successful students
- Financial support for international conference participation
About Istanbul Technical University
Having 240 year prominent history, a contemporary education environment and impressive academicians, Istanbul Technical University has been distinguished in Turkey with its engineering and architecture education. For more information: http://www.itu.edu.tr/en/, http://www.ac4mobhci2012.itu.edu.tr/venue.html
Uniquely located on Asia and Europe, between the Black Sea and the Marmara Sea, Istanbul presents itself as an ancient and at the same time inspiring, modern city. For more information please visit: http://www.ac4mobhci2012.itu.edu.tr/info.html
The applications can be submitted till the Feb. 5, 2016. Please send your application in a single pdf file containing CV, transcripts, letter of motivation, names of two references to Assoc. Prof. Dr. Hazım K. Ekenel, email@example.com.
For the e-mail title, please use: SiMiT Lab Fall 2015/2016 application. Please name the file as YourName_YourSurname.pdf. Review of the applications will start immediately and the applicants will be informed by mid. of Feb. 2016.
International applicants also need to apply to the graduate school till the 26th of Jan., 2016, http://fbe.itu.edu.tr/default.aspx?lang=en-gb