As a part of Sony Electronics' engineering team you can ensure that what we produce is just as extraordinary as the ideas that inspire us. While we run on fearless creativity and innovation, our engineers make certain that everything we do is of the highest quality. Every day, they work with advanced technologies, including some that most people never even thought possible. Some may call it magic; we call it a commitment to innovation, quality, and style and design.
Sony Electronics US Research Center located in San Jose, CA, currently has an opening for a Senior Applied Research Engineer. As a Senior Engineer, you will be involved in a multidisciplinary research on cutting-edge computer vision and computer graphics algorithms. Special interest and focus include, but are not limited to, 3D visualization, virtual reality and immersive video processing research for the future Sony products and services.
- Ph.D. in Computer Vision or Computer Graphics or equivalent is preferred.
- Background of novel algorithm development in the field of 3D modeling, multi-view 3D reconstruction, or texture synthesis is required.
- Minimum 2 years of related professional experience is preferred.
- Excellent programming skill in Matlab, Python or C/C++ for rapid algorithm prototyping is required.
- Outstanding documentation and communication skills are required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, if necessary.
Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in Sony Electronics Inc.
For a complete list of Sony Electronics Inc. Job Opportunities visit: