|Title: Lead Research Engineer - Localization||Posted: February 29, 2016|
|Company/Institution: HERE a world-wide leading map and navigation company |
|Location: Berkeley, California|
|Department: Maps and Localization Group|
The HERE Reality Capture & Processing (RCP) team in downtown Berkeley is expanding!
The RCP group designs and builds hardware and software for capturing, processing, and extracting information from numerous data sources such as: imagery and 3D Lidar from mobile mapping systems, aerial and satellite imagery, and dense GPS probe data from smartphones and vehicles. These rich datasets are used to power next-gen 3D consumer maps, navigation and assisted driving systems, and more. HERE Maps, a division of Nokia, provides detailed road and navigation data for nearly 100 countries, and can be found in four out of five vehicle in-dash navigation systems. Licensees of HERE’s platform include Microsoft, Yahoo, Amazon, and Baidu.
Within RCP, the Localization team develops algorithms to accurately position the mapping vehicle and features in the environment. This requires implementing the latest computer vision and machine learning algorithms coupled with other sensors. We are seeking passionate and experienced engineers to join a talented team of algorithm experts and software engineers. Example work this team does includes: Camera and lidar calibration, image feature detection and recognition, structure from motion, SLAM and sensor fusion.
• Develop algorithms to localize the vehicle and
map features from GPS/IMU, lidar, and imagery
• Track and apply the latest algorithm improvements
from industry and the research community
• Optimize performance of algorithms on CPU, GPU or
• Drive the testing, documentation, verification
and productization of the algorithms.
• Maintain metrics related to algorithm
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science,
Mathematics or related Science or Engineering
focused degree. MSc/PhD preferred.
• Candidates should have a background in Computer
Vision, Machine Learning or a closely related
discipline and a track record for developing
ideas and concepts into commercially viable
algorithms as well as an understanding and
experience in productizing research results.
• Experience with structure from motion, SLAM,
sensor fusion desirable.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to
work collaboratively in cross functional teams.
• Experience integrating computer vision algorithms
into shipping applications.
• Strong coding skills in Python and C/C++
• Experience with Linux and Amazon AWS or other
• Experience with GPGPU and CUDA or OpenCL a plus
• Experience with embedded real-time platforms a
If you're interested please give the local Recruiter a call at 773-982-2418 or email your resume to email@example.com.
HERE is a leading navigation company owned by a consortium of automobile companies (Mercedes, BMW, and Audi). Check out our site www.here.com.