The Rapid-Rich Object SEarch (ROSE) Lab is a joint research initiative between the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Peking University (PKU). It aims to create a platform for fast mobile searches on object databases. The three key thrusts of the ROSE Lab are:
Resources at the ROSE Lab consist of NTU & PKU Faculty, Researchers, PhD Students, and Visiting Scholars & Students from other institutions from around the world.
- large-scale object database collection and analytics,
- scalable mobile object search with contextual mobility, and
- media cloud platform.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following areas:
- Research and Implementation in Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition related work
- Research and implementation in Visual Object Search
- Asist in Drafting of proposals for research grants in the above areas.
- Masters degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Must have research experience in Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, and Image/Signal Processing.
- Experience in Data Hiding and Soft Biometrics would be an advantage.
- Experienced in implementing applications for image recognition, with good knowledge of Image Processing, Computer Graphics, and Mobile Application Development, including knowledge of Matlab, OpenCV, CUDA, and Android.
- Excellent background in software engineering with strong programming skills (C/C++, Python, PHP).
- Familiar with Windows & Linux (eg. Ubuntu) operating systems.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with people from varied backgrounds.
Interested applicants should send the following to
- Full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 3 character referees
- Salary Expectation
- The earliest availability
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Successful applicants will typically be on a 1 year contract basis, with the option to renew based on the candidate’s performance.
Learn more about ROSE Lab at http://rose.ntu.edu.sg/