The Rapid-Rich Object SEarch (ROSE) Lab is a joint research initiative between the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Peking University (PKU). It aims to create a platform for fast mobile searches on object databases. The three key thrusts of the ROSE Lab are:
Resources at the ROSE Lab consist of NTU & PKU Faculty, Researchers, PhD Students, and Visiting Scholars & Students from other institutions from around the world.
- large-scale object database collection and analytics,
- scalable mobile object search with contextual mobility, and
- media cloud platform.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the development of image search engines, APIs, and applications using object search technology developed at the ROSE Lab. This includes:
- Porting code from Matlab to C/C++.
- Building deployable image search engines, including parallelising and optimising the algorithms developed by ROSE Lab researchers.
- Building APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) to these image search engines and testing them for functionality and performance.
- Developing Web and Mobile applications that will demonstrate the capabilities of these APIs and image search engines.
- Working with industry partners of the ROSE Lab to test and adapt these APIs to their needs.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering.
- Excellent background in software engineering with Advanced Programming Skills (C/C++, Python, PHP) and knowledge of Software Tools (Eclipse, Netbeans).
- Experienced in implementing mobile applications for image recognition, with good knowledge of Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, Computer Vision, and Mobile Application Development, including knowledge of Matlab, OpenCV, OpenGL and Android/IOS.
- Experience with Machine Learning (eg. Caffe, cudaConvNet) and GPU Computing (CUDA programming) is preferred.
- Familiar with Windows & Linux (eg. Ubuntu) operating systems.
- Industry experience would be advantageous.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with people from varied backgrounds.
Interested applicants should send the following to
- Full CV, with the names and contacts (including email addresses) of 3 character referees
- Salary Expectation
- The earliest availability
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Successful applicants will typically be on a 1 year contract basis, with the option to renew based on the candidate’s performance.
Learn more about ROSE Lab at http://rose.ntu.edu.sg/