Description: A9’s Visual Search team is focused on creatively working with advanced technologies to leverage our vast catalog of images in ways that will dramatically improve Amazon customers’ experience. Our solutions are aimed at helping customers search and discover the world around them via a camera-hone view. Our team members are entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that combines all of the best qualities of a start up with the history and resources of Amazon. We tackle complex problems in computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, and large-scale distributed systems.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will help the engineering teams solve a variety of technical challenges and help define, build and ship products. You will play a pivotal role in managing projects from an end-to-end perspective, from inception to design to development to deployment and subsequent improvements, and be responsible for their success. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and coordinate high profile projects across multiple teams. You will interface with many other technology teams across Amazon.
You should have strong technical ability and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You should be comfortable with a variety of core languages and technologies including Java, C++, and Matlab. You should be willing to roll up your sleeves to do the definitional and set-up work needed, and have a high level of ownership and accountability. You should have superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to convey concepts and considerations to non-experts, and be comfortable presenting to senior A9 and Amazon leaders.
You should be comfortable with ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that, frankly, haven’t been solved at scale before - anywhere. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Understanding of the software development processes and project planning/execution skills that include estimating and scheduling.
- Prior experience as a Technical Product/Program Manager with a record of successful delivery of software systems.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience in developing novel and practical solutions with limited resources/power to real-world problems
- Familiarity with data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with one of more of the following domains: computer vision, image recognition, machine learning or large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with defining metrics that can gauge the success of solutions.
- Experience with maps and geo- data systems
- xperience with mobile apps.
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, ability to communicate with diverse partners with confidence, clarity, and focus, verbally and in writing.
- Execution focus, ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and resolve issues. Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary to drive your projects to completion.
A9.com was created because we believe search is vitally important to e-commerce. A9 Product Search powers search and browse for the Web's top shopping destinations. The Visual Search Team develops large scale computer vision solutions that help people discover more about the world around them. A9's Ad Technology team plays a leading role in integrating highly relevant advertising programs into the e-commerce experience. Together, these initiatives help people find what they want on Amazon.com and other e-commerce sites.
We opened our doors in 2003 and are a wholly owned and operated subsidiary of Amazon.com. We have the flexibility and energy that comes from being a start-up based in Silicon Valley, with the strength that comes from being part of a Fortune 500 company.
With offices in Palo Alto, California and Bangalore, India, new ideas move back and forth, around the clock. We are always seeking the best and brightest to come join our team. We encourage people with a passion for solving challenging problems and creating great customer experiences to apply.