|Title: Computer Vision R&D Scientist||Posted: March 9, 2016|
|Company/Institution: UtopiaCompression Corporation|
|Location: Los Angeles, CA|
Description: UtopiaCompression Corporation (UC), based in Los Angeles, CA is a High-Tech Company with considerable expertise in intelligent software solutions. UC develops cutting edge technologies for:
• Planning and control for robotic systems,
• Unmanned system autonomy,
• Tactical wireless communication networks,
• Computer vision and video analytics,
• Biomedical signal processing and data mining.
UC offers a challenging and exciting environment to work on high-risk high-reward technologies with the potential of bringing in transformational changes to the state-of-the-art. UC is currently seeking a Computer Vision scientist to support its autonomous systems program. US citizens and permanent resident are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications.
• PhD in Electrical engineering/Computer science or related fields.
• The ideal candidate should be well versed with some or all of the following topics: Small target detection and tracking, camera calibration, common machine learning techniques used in computer vision and image processing, hands on prior experience in camera sensors (EO and IR), lens optics and pan-tilt systems, Computer vision based SLAM techniques.
• Past record of original contribution, authorship in reputed peer reviewed conferences/journals.
• Excellent problem solving skills, ability to work with minimum supervision, and collaboration with peers are expected.
• Good verbal/written communications skills with the ability to formulate solutions/concepts and present them clearly.
• Good programming skills in Python, Matlab and C++ (OpenCV).
• Participate extensively in guiding the development of research ideas into high TRL level solutions
o Experience with unmanned air/ground/marine systems and/or embedded systems development
o Multi-camera calibration,
o Hands on experience with navigation data from GPS and IMU units
o Knowledge of commercial and general aviation procedures and terminologies
o Parallelization, GPU programming (OpenCL)
1. Competitive compensation package
2. Fully paid for health care benefits
3. Relocation, if applicable
4. Paid vacations and sick leave allowances
5. Company stock option
Application Instructions: To apply, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject.