|Title: Research Intern - Augmented Reality||Posted: February 3, 2017|
|Company/Institution: Bosch Research and Technology|
|Location: Palo Alto|
|Department: Visual Computing Group|
Description: Research Intern - Augmented Reality
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Major(s): Computer Science or related fields
Degree level: Ph.D. or Master - Current student or recent (less than 1 year) graduate
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Conduct advanced research and engineering for real-time computer vision and augmented/mixed reality systems.
- Apply research results to real-world cases with high quality implementation.
- Integrate the resulting system/software into existing Bosch platform.
- Summarize research findings in high-quality paper and patent submissions.
- Strong background in one or multiple of the following fields: computer vision, augmented/mixed reality, machine learning, human computer interaction and related fields.
- Hands-on experience of 3D computer vision, augmented reality, machine learning technologies, including 2D/3D tracking (e.g, PTAM, SLAM) and detection, sensor fusion, camera and/or HMD calibration, RGBD data processing, scene understanding and etc.
- Proficient with C/C++ programming.
- Proficient with computer vision & computer graphics libraries (OpenCV and OpenGL).
- Strong research and problem solving skills.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- (Bonus) Publication record in top venues (ISMAR/ICCV/CVPR/ECCV/VR, etc).
- (Bonus) Experience with positioning or depth sensors, such as IMU, Kinect, etc.
- (Bonus) Experience in real-time computer vision systems.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 3 - 12 months
About the Bosch Research and Technology Center
The Bosch Research and Technology Center North America (www.boschresearch.com) with offices in Palo Alto, California, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Cambridge, Massachusetts is part of the global Bosch Group (www.bosch.com), a company with over 50 billion euro revenue, 300,000 people worldwide, a very diverse product portfolio, and a history of over 125 years. The Research and Technology Center North America (RTC-NA) is committed to providing technologies and system solutions for various Bosch business fields primarily in the areas of robotics and autonomous systems, visual computing, natural language understanding, car infotainment, web technologies, data mining, wireless solutions, energy materials and technologies, complex simulations, sensors, circuit design, and software engineering. In all areas we work in close collaboration with our partners at leading US universities, leading-edge industry partners, and other worldwide Bosch research, development, and marketing units.
About Visual Computing at RTC-NA
Our Visual Computing group is responsible for shaping the future user experience of Bosch products by developing cutting-edge technologies in the fields of computer graphics, computer vision, scientific visualization, mixed-reality, and HCI. We focus on solutions to hard challenges in using visual and other modes of communication for natural user interaction. We work with internal partners at various Bosch business units to transfer our ideas and solutions into future products. We also actively collaborate with leading groups in academia and industry to promote research ideas and publish research findings in internationally renowned conferences and journals. Recently, two papers from our group were published in ISMAR 2016, the leading conference in Augmented Reality.
Application Instructions: Email your resume to email@example.com with a title starting with "[AR Intern 2017]".