The Application Engineer’s primary responsibility is to demonstrate to customers how to use MATLAB to design, explore, and deploy image processing and computer vision algorithms. This will be accomplished by meeting with customers, uncovering the obstacles in their engineering process and building convincing technical examples that demonstrate the value of using MATLAB in their product development cycle.
Application Engineers work as a team with sales, marketing, and development. As such, AEs have the opportunity to develop technical expertise in many MathWorks products, expand their industry knowledge and advance into leadership roles throughout the MathWorks. It is well established that AEs play a vital role in the success of the MathWorks.
Travel is generally within North America. Though far less frequent, some international travel is expected. The candidate should expect to travel up to 50% of the time with trips typically lasting three days or less.
You will use your technical knowledge and presentation skills in activities that directly and indirectly boost product sales. These activities include:
Interacting directly with customers
You will use your product knowledge and industry experience to engage prospective customers and demonstrate how MATLAB can help them design image processing and computer vision algorithms. You will also gather feedback and identify industry trends during these engagements to contribute to development and marketing initiatives at the MathWorks.
Developing product demonstrations
You will build product demonstrations that illustrate how to use MATLAB and other MathWorks software to develop and deploy complex systems. This will include developing image processing and computer vision algorithms and implementing them on embedded processors and/or FPGAs.
Qualifications Required / Preferred
- This position requires “US Citizenship” due to the nature of the customers served.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- 7+ years experience in the design and/or deployment of image processing or computer vision algorithms. This may include elements from the following:
- Object detection & pattern recognition
- Stereo vision (3D rendering, structure from motion, multiview reconstruction)
- Camera sensor and lens distortion measurement & calibration
- Statistical classifiers
- Automatic image registration
- Motion estimation & tracking
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills; especially one-on-one.
- Software development experience.
- Experience with MATLAB.
- Experience with FPGAs and/or DSPs.
- Experience with OpenCV or other C based imaging libraries.