|Title: Computer Vision Engineer||Posted: June 24, 2013|
|Company/Institution: SensoMotoric Instruments GmbH|
|Location: Berlin - Germany|
Founded in 1991, SMI is a world leader in dedicated computer vision applications. Working closely with our clients, we have 20 years' experience in developing and marketing application-specific gaze & eye tracking systems. SMI is industry-renowned for its outstanding data quality and the reliability of its scientific solutions.
SMI is also an OEM technology supplier and manufacturer of consumer applications.
To reinforce our team in Berlin/Teltow we are looking for a motivated
Computer Vision Engineer
Research and development of real-time algorithms to be used in innovative camera-based systems which measure, analyze and record human eye movements and properties.
- Conception and development of Computer Vision algorithms
- Analysis and preparation of technical specifications and designs
- Verification and documentation of the development results
- Documentation, test and realization of prototypes and final products
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Graduate (Ph.D. preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Signal Processing, Mathematics, Physics or similar qualifications
- Significant professional experience
- In-depth knowledge of Computer Vision and related libraries (e.g. OpenCV, IPP)
- Excellent proficiency in C++
- Fluent English required (oral and written); fluent German highly desirable
Preferred Qualifications / Desirable Skills
- Experience in the development of efficient, time-critical algorithms and run-time optimization; parallel data processing, Multithreading
- C++ software development experience in Android or Linux environments; Windows and real-time operating systems are acceptable too
- Experience in 3D Scene Reconstruction, Feature Based Image Registration, Real-time Dense Methods, Stereo Matching
- Experience in probabilistic data modeling (e.g. Monte Carlo simulation, SLAM, Structure from Motion)
- Experience in camera driver development
- Python (SciPy) or Matlab development knowledge/experience
Application Instructions: We offer a stimulating and challenging position in a fast growing, innovative company which values individual contributions and initiative and offers attractive conditions.
Interested? Then send us your resume, cover letter and salary expectations exclusively via e-mail at