Founded in 2014, ObEN is an artificial intelligence company based in one of the world's most successful incubators: Idealab in Pasadena, CA. We have developed a sophisticated speech technology that allows any Internet of Things to speak in any voice and in any language. Know more about ObEN: https://goo.gl/gxpxwT
As a member of the virtual avatar team, you will design, implement and test a complete pipeline to reconstruct and animate virtual avatars of people using commodity RGB cameras.
Ability and passion to work with teams in a fast-paced, open-table culture start-up company is important.
- PhD/M.Sc. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in computer vision and computer graphics.
- Strong understanding of basic computer vision and computer graphics concepts.
- High proficiency in scripting languages, e.g., MATLAB, Python, for fast prototyping.
- High proficiency in C/C++ for fast implementation.
- General software development skills, including version control, debugging, testing, deployment, etc.
- Enjoys a highly collaborative environment with minimal supervision.
Great to have:
- Experience in 3D modeling, especially full human body, face and hand modeling.
- Experience in object segmentation and human pose estimation from images.
- Experience in OpenGL or WebGL.
- Experience in speech animation.
- Experience in using 3D graphics/animation softwares, e.g., Maya, Blender, Unity, etc.
- Experience in development on VR platforms, e.g., HTC Vive, Samsung Gear VR, etc.
- Experience in deep learning.
- Publication record in top computer vision/graphics conferences, e.g., CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, SIGGRAPH ASIA, etc.
Term of employment: