AiCure is a VC-funded startup that leverages mobile technology by combining it with artificial intelligence (computer vision, machine learning, and big data) to bring better health, better drugs, and better treatment to everyone on the planet. We are rapidly expanding and if you are passionate about making a positive impact, we would like to hear from you.
When participants in clinical trials, or patients use the AiCure apps, information on their medication intake is reported in various dashboard products, which allow stakeholders to gain insights and to take actions (patient alerts, etc.). Our apps use computer vision to identify the patient (face verification), verify that patients are taking the right medication (pill recognition), and that they are actually taking their medication (action recognition). We are also working on other novel therapeutic applications of computer vision.
As a research intern at AiCure you will propose, design and evaluate algorithms to solve challenging computer vision problems on mobile devices, with the goal of improving our products. You will work closely with our scientists and engineers. Your work will be used at scale and will have significant impact on healthcare for everyone on the planet!
Experience in healthcare is NOT required. The specific project you work on will be discussed and determined based on your interests and experience and our needs.
- Design and prototype algorithms to solve real-world mobile computer vision problems (more specifically, medication adherence)
- Use crowdsourcing to create benchmarks to evaluate algorithm performance with a focus on challenging real-world conditions (motion, low-light, etc)
- - Contribute to the company's patent portfolio
We offer internships during all times of the year and available immediately. Internships, last 3-6 months and based on performance and the company's needs, full time offers may follow.
We support and encourage patent filings for inventions made during the internship. We are also open to publishing relevant research results in premier computer vision conferences (CVPR, ICCV, etc.).
- Must have or are studying towards a Masters or PhD degree from a top university (CS, EE, or related field).
- Experience in Machine Learning required (focus on Deep Learning a plus)
- Must be able to independently implement algorithms, run experiments, and communicate the results.
- Previous publications in top tier venues (CVPR, ICCV, NIPS, ACM Multimedia, etc)
- Highly creative, motivated, and able to work independently in a fast-paced startup environment