|Title: Medical Imaging/Machine Learning Intern||Posted: August 5, 2016|
|Company/Institution: Intuitive Surgical|
Description: Job Title: Medical Imaging/Machine Learning Intern
Location: Sunnyvale, California
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Advanced MS or PhD student with a focus in Medical Image Analysis/Computer Vision/Machine Learning in CS, EE, BME, Radiology or equivalent.
Primary Function of Position
The candidate will work with a top-notch multi-disciplinary team to develop surgical planning software on a robotic surgical platform.
We are seeking a talented individual to develop robust algorithms to segment key anatomical structures from 3d volumetric images, in a fully automatic and semi-automatic fashion. Exploring machine learning/deep learning based methods is especially interested due to its great success in other fields. We have datasets with ground-truth for both training and validation. Expected contributions include literature survey, algorithm design and implementation, testing on a large dataset with ground truth.
• A passion for developing technologies to improve the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.
• A passion for applying state-of-art machine learning methods to solve challenging practical medical problems.
• Self-motivated, self-disciplined and ability to work independently.
• Ability to perform fast prototyping and testing iterations and thinking outside the box to solve practical problems.
• Advanced MS or PhD student in the area of Medical Image Analysis or Computer Vision.
• Solid knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following areas is highly desired: 1) volumetric image segmentation, 2) semantic image segmentation, 3) machine learning / deep learning, 4) probabilistic methods in computer vision and medical imaging.
• Proficiency with C++ and Python/Matlab to produce quick prototype and high quality code.
• Familiarity with standard medical image libraries and/or machine learning packages.
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours for 3-6 months starting as early as now.